Jobs and Internships
There are currently no open positions.
Diversity in Historic Preservation Internship, Summer 2020
The Providence Preservation Society welcomes student interest in its Diversity in Historic Preservation Internship Program during the summer of 2020. This paid internship provides career exploration opportunities for curious students from cultural backgrounds historically underrepresented in historic preservation and heritage careers. Students will gain experience in key areas such as advocacy, architectural history, public engagement, communications, and non-profit administration. Candidates are not required to have demonstrated previous interest or experience in preservation or related disciplines.
This internship is open to rising high school seniors and college students who have not yet begun their junior year. Applicants must:
- Identify as someone from a cultural background traditionally underrepresented in preservation and heritage organizations, including, but not limited to, first-generation college students and students of color;
- Reside or attend school in Rhode Island; and
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
Time Commitment & Compensation
Interns work a minimum of 25 hours per week at a rate of $13.00/hour. Some weekend and evening hours may be required. Holidays and other time off are not paid. Housing is not provided. The 10-week internship typically begins the first week of June and ends in late August, with exact dates to be determined at time of offer.
Applicants must be rising high school seniors, rising college freshmen, or rising college sophomores. A complete application consists of:
- A short personal statement (700-800 words maximum) that outlines areas of interest and experience;
- A resume of no more than two pages;
- Contact information for two references.
Please send all materials in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. PPS is an equal opportunity employer.
Materials received before April 15 will receive fullest consideration.