Travel with PPS on a Journey to Cuba
**Due to reported cases of the Zika virus and the constantly changing nature of travel to Cuba, we are cancelling plans for our January 2017 trip. We will review the issue periodically and let you know if we have decided to schedule another trip. If you are interested in being on the notification list, please email us at . Please contact Candy Adriance at Yankee Travel (401-789-9728) for help organizing a custom trip, if you are still interested in going next year.**
Take a trip to Cuba with PPS next year. On January 15, 2017, a maximum of 16 travelers will fly from Miami to Havana for a weeklong journey in Cuba. After our successful 2016 trip, we learned a lot and are pleased to present to you our 2017 trip which is tailored to the sophisticated traveler, with exclusive experiences and boutique lodging in Havana Vieja.
Cuba changed a lot between my trips in 2013 and 2016. The food is better, hotel accommodations are expanding and American cruise ships can now dock in Havana Harbor. Change will only accelerate. While much of it will benefit the Cuban people and allow greater access, it will be less and less a unique travel experience. The U.S. will continue to soften relations with Cuba, so take advantage of a trip with PPS to fully experience this place as you imagine it to be.
Also changing is the nature of air travel between the United States and Cuba. We are excited by potential new routes to Havana, as well as the potential to return from a different airport. However, those routes will not be confirmed for several months. Based on what we know at this time, we are pleased to offer this small group guided trip at $5,100 per person, land only, based on double occupancy ($500 single supplement), which includes a $665 per person charitable contribution to PPS.
To reserve your spot, please confirm with a $1,000 per person deposit. Full payment is due by September 1, 2016 at 5 p.m. Please click to download the Cuba Draft Itinerary (pdf) and the Cuba Passenger Info Form (pdf), which should be sent to Candy at Yankee Travel, Inc. 682 Kingstown Road, Wakefield, RI 02879 with your check or credit card information. (Credit card payments will incur a 3% processing fee) Trip cancellation insurance, covering medical and flight interruption, is highly recommended and can be purchased through Yankee Travel.
You can direct all of your questions to Candy at Yankee Travel at (401)789-9728.
The package price reflects the items shown below.
• 7 night accommodations in Cuba (subject to change at any time by the Cuban government)
• Daily breakfast
• Meals (as specified on the itinerary)
• Full time, professional, bilingual guide
• Local ground transportation
• Pre-trip departure information
• Cuban Insurance (health and evacuation)
• Cuban Visa
• Compliance with U.S. Treasury Department regulations
• Speaker fees
• Admission to all museums and public buildings listed in itinerary
• Coordination of all listed activities
• Cuban Airport Departure tax (25 CUC)
• Domestic airfare to/from Miami
• Round-trip Airfare U.S. – Cuba – U.S.
• Hotels in Miami
• Airline baggage fees
• Meals other than listed on itinerary
• Individual house/hotel expenses (mini bar, room service, laundry fees, etc.)
• Tips for local guides
Recommended tips for guides and drivers range from $12 to $20 per person per day depending
on group size.
- The sale is final
- Cancellations made before 120 days prior to the trip are eligible for a full refund
- Cancellations made 119-91 days prior to the trip are eligible for a 50% refund
- Cancellations made within 90 days of the trip departure are not eligible for a refund