Our work is only possible because of your support.
PPS is an advocate for the City of Providence, from its vibrant downtown to its livable neighborhoods, and we envision a city that celebrates and preserves its past and builds a vibrant and sustainable future where people and the economy thrive.
Become a Member
Join us as a member and add your voice to our efforts.
Join or Renew
Donate your time or make a gift to support our mission-driven work.
Make a donation now
We welcome the following types of support:
- Cash and Pledged Gifts: Make a one-time gift or multi-year pledge to the Annual Fund with cash or securities. Checks should be made payable to Providence Preservation Society with “Annual Fund” in the memo line. Credit card payments can be made over the phone by calling 401.831.7440.
- Gifts of Stock: Donations of stock incur no capital gains tax when given for charitable purposes. To make a gift or pledge payment, donors should direct their broker to transfer stock to Providence Preservation Society (do not sell the stock before transferring.) When making a gift/payment of this kind, donors should call PPS for special transfer instructions and inform the organization of the name of the stock, the number of shares being transferred, and the transfer date, so staff will be aware of the gift’s arrival and accurately record the information on behalf of the donor.
- IRA Charitable Distributions: Individuals who are at least 70 ½ years of age may make a charitable contribution of up to $100,000 each year directly from their IRA to PPS without counting the transfer as income for federal income tax purposes. Married couples, where both spouses have traditional IRAs, can contribute up to $200,000 per couple while also satisfying their required IRA minimum distribution.
- Donor Advised Funds: Individuals may make a gift to PPS through their donor advised fund. Please call PPS at 831.7440 for assistance if you are planning to make a gift through this giving option.
- Matching Gifts: Numerous companies offer matching gift programs where they will match an employee’s charitable gift to PPS in varying amounts. Donors are urged to obtain their employer’s matching gift information when applicable.
- Memorial/Tribute Gifts: Donors may make a gift in honor/memory of a family member, friend or colleague.
- Planned Gifts: For those who desire to make a significant contribution and also wish to accomplish estate planning objectives, a gift from one’s estate or a life income gift may be considered. Please contact PPS for more information.
This document is for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal, financial or other professional advice. PPS encourages donors to consult their attorney, accountant or financial advisor prior to making a gift. Thank you!
Providence Preservation Society is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Contributions are tax deductible as allowed by federal tax law.