The five finalists have submitted their proposals, which are now available for review and comment on the city’s website. Public comments will be accepted via the online form through Tuesday, April 6.
Out of the nearly 80 proposals received from around the world, five teams have been awarded $1,000 each and asked to submit more detailed ideas. Once final proposals are received in late March, a comment period will be opened to provide the public an opportunity to view the designs and submit feedback. The jury will then review submissions from each of the five finalists and select one winner in Spring 2021 who will receive $10,000 upon award.
- Horsley Witten Group & Jonathan Harris — a Providence-based engineering and environmental consulting firm
- James Carpenter Design Associates — a New York-based design firm led by a former RISD student and faculty member
- Joshua Teas — an architect based in both Norway and Maine
- PORT — a Philadelphia and Chicago-based design consultancy
- Ultramoderne — a Providence-based architecture firm.