We are proud to announce that we have received funding from The Champlin Foundation to enable PPS to make both floors of our headquarters at the 1769 Old Brick School House fully ADA accessible. Since 1932, The Foundation has awarded more than $550 million to fund capital projects and equipment for Rhode Island non-profit organizations.
The second floor meeting hall at the School House accommodates a wide variety of uses, including lectures and workshops, public forums, PPS Board and committee meetings, and retreats for local businesses and community groups. Unfortunately, due to accessibility and code issues, the capacity for the space is currently limited to 30 able-bodied people. The extensive updates that will be funded by this grant will make this building universally accessible, in keeping with best practices for historic sites.
In addition to The Champlin Foundation, PPS is grateful to the following foundations and local and national organizations who have made grants in support of our Old Brick School House capital project:
- 1772 Foundation
- Felicia Fund, Inc.
- Heritage Harbor Foundation
- Hope Foundation
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Rhode Island Historical Preservation and Heritage Commission