PPS’s work to keep this city historic and vibrant may be challenging, but we remain committed to championing beautiful structures and parks alongside necessary and thoughtful development. Our generous community of donors enable us to continue to advocate for Providence, so thank you for considering a tax-deductible donation to support our work.
Providence is a city unlike any other. It has incredible architecture in every neighborhood, an intact collection of mill buildings, charming streetscapes, ebullient landmark buildings and pleasant open spaces. But what makes Providence special can be lost forever if we aren’t vigilant in our efforts to protect what we love. You have the power to prevent this from happening, and your support of the Providence Preservation Society will ensure that the soul of our city remains remarkable and vital for generations to come.
You love Providence because of how it feels, because it has a heart and a heartbeat that is tangible, that manifests itself through the ancient paths of streets and the buildings that hold the history of the place, its people and events, many of which helped shape this country. PPS works hard to maintain that core place identity, to ensure thoughtful development respects the organic expansion of our city that has occurred over the centuries.
PPS is a multi-faceted nonprofit organization, with regular educational programs and special events that share our mission with the citizens of Providence. Your donation will support us as we continue to advocate for historic preservation and the enhancement of the city’s unique character through thoughtful design and planning
MAIL A CHECK
Send your check, payable to Providence Preservation Society, to:
Providence Preservation Society
24 Meeting Street
Providence, RI 02903
We welcome the following types of support:
- Cash and Pledged Gifts: Make a one-time gift or multi-year pledge to the Annual Fund with cash or securities. Checks should be made payable to Providence Preservation Society with “Annual Fund” in the memo line. Credit card payments can be made over the phone by calling 401.831.7440.
- Gifts of Stock: Donations of stock incur no capital gains tax when given for charitable purposes. To make a gift or pledge payment, donors should direct their broker to transfer stock to Providence Preservation Society (do not sell the stock before transferring.) When making a gift/payment of this kind, donors should call PPS for special transfer instructions and inform the organization of the name of the stock, the number of shares being transferred, and the transfer date, so staff will be aware of the gift’s arrival and accurately record the information on behalf of the donor.
- IRA Charitable Distributions: Individuals who are at least 70 ½ years of age may make a charitable contribution of up to $100,000 each year directly from their IRA to PPS without counting the transfer as income for federal income tax purposes. Married couples, where both spouses have traditional IRAs, can contribute up to $200,000 per couple while also satisfying their required IRA minimum distribution.
- Donor Advised Funds: Individuals may make a gift to PPS through their donor advised fund. Please call PPS at 831.7440 for assistance if you are planning to make a gift through this giving option.
- Matching Gifts: Numerous companies offer matching gift programs where they will match an employee’s charitable gift to PPS in varying amounts. Donors are urged to obtain their employer’s matching gift information when applicable.
- Memorial/Tribute Gifts: Donors may make a gift in honor/memory of a family member, friend or colleague.
- Planned Gifts: For those who desire to make a significant contribution and also wish to accomplish estate planning objectives, a gift from one’s estate or a life income gift may be considered. Please contact PPS for more information.
- Vehicle Donation: Have a car that’s past its prime? Donate it to PPS through the CARS donation program. It’s easy and tax-deductible.
This document is for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal, financial or other professional advice. PPS encourages donors to consult their attorney, accountant or financial advisor prior to making a gift. Thank you!
We also offer sponsorship opportunities that invite local businesses to join us in preserving a healthy and beautiful city. Email Angela Kondon at email@example.com for more information.
Providence Preservation Society is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Contributions are tax deductible as allowed by federal tax law.